Gul gule / Ram ladoo is famous street food from delhi. It is prepared from a mix made from yellow moong dal and chana dal with other spices. For this special spicy and tangy green chutney is prepared and finally topped with grated or juliened raddish, beetroot or carrot.
- Yellow Moong dal: (1 cup)
- Chana Dal :(1/4 cup)
- cumin seeds: (1 tsp)
- red chilli powder: (2 tsp)
- asoefitida : (1/4tsp)
- Baking soda: 1/2tsp
- coriander leaves chopped: (1tbsp)
- salt: for taste
- oil: for frying.
- Green chutney: 1 cup
- Beetroot and carrot: juliened 1 cup
- Chaat masala: for taste
- Soak chana dal and moong dal in water for 2 to 3 hours.
- After 3 hrs, ground the dal into a fine paste.
- To this add cumin seeds, chilli powder, asoefitida, coriander leaves,salt and mix well.
- Add baking soda and mix again.
- Heat oil, the oil should be sufficiently hot before you fry.
- Now drop small round dumplings of the mix into oil.
- Fry till it becomes golden brown in colour.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Arrange the fried gul gule into a plate or bowl.
- Garnish it with juliened carrots and beetroot.
- Top it with green chutney.