Meen Peera is dry kerala style one pot fish curry . This side dish is a delicious accompaiment for Rice. The rich flavour of fresh grated coconut and coconut oil enhances the taste of the curry .
You can use any fish for this recepie but tasted better if you prepare it using small fishes. I have used Sardines / Mathi for this recepie . Anchovies / Netholli is the best fish for this recepie.
Lets checkout the detailed recepie below 👇
Preparation time : 10 mins
Cooking time : 20 to 25 mins
- Fish : 1/4 kg
- Shallots : 10 chopped
- Pot tamarind / kudampuli : 3 to 4
- Grated coconut: 1 n 1/2 cup
- Garlic : 4 cloves
- Ginger : 1 small piece
- Green chillies: 2
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder: 1 tsp
- Salt: as required
- Curry leaves: few sprigs
- Coconut oil: 2 tbsp
- Corasely blend together grated coconut, garlic,ginger and green chillies.
- Clean the fish pieces in salt water and set aside.
- Add the fish pieces, blend coconut mix, shallots,curry leaves,turmeric powder,red chilli powder,salt,pot tamarind ,coconut oil and 2 cups of water together in a pot preferably clay pot.
- Cover and cook on medium flame for 5 mins.
- Open the lid and cook on medium to high flame for 15 mins stirring intermittently.
- Finally give it a gentle mix. Add some more curry leaves and keep it covered for some time before serving.