Vindaloo is an authentic goan recepie with balance of spicy and tangy flavours. A special cooking wine usually called as Fenny is added to the orginal recepie for the authentic flavour.
I had few guests on weekend and prepared this recepie one day before so that the spices get blend well with the meat.
Lets checkout the recepie below 👇
Preparation time : 8 to 10 hrs
Cooking time : 45 mins
- Pork : 1 kg
- Onion : 2 large finely chopped
- Curry leaves: few
- Turmeric powder: 1/4 tsp
- Kashmiri chilli powder: 1 tsp
- Salt: as required
- Cooking wine : 4 tbsp
- Vinegar : 4 tbsp
- Oil: 4 tbsp
Vindaloo Paste :
- Dry red chillies: 8 to 10
- Ginger: 2 large piece
- Garlic: 10 to 12 cloves
- Cinnamon stick : 2 small sticks
- Cloves: 8 nos
- Black peppercorn : 10 nos
- Green cardamom : 4
- Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds: 1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
- Coriander seeds: 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder: 1 tsp
- Vinegar : 1/4 cup
- Soak dry red chillies in hot water for 15 mins.
- Dry coriander seeds, mustard seeds,cumin seeds,cinnamon stick,cloves,cardamom and fenugreek seeds.
- Blend together the roasted spices with soaked red chillies, turmeric powder ,ginger,garlic and vinegar into fine paste.
- Marinate the pork pieces with this paste and keep it in refrigerated for 8 to 10 hrs or overnight.
- After the marination period, heat oil in a wok.
- Add finely chopped onions with some salt and curry leaves. Saute till the onions turn golden brown.
- Add the marinated pork to the wok and toss on high flame for 2 to 3 mins.
- Add 4 tbsp vinegar and cooking wine and mix.
- Cover and cook for 10 mins on medium flame.
- Open the lid and simmer for 10 to 15 mins till the gravy thickens.
- Switch off the flame and let it rest for few hours before serving.